Friday, May 8, 2009

Echinoblog: Video Playlists!! Echinoderm Moving Pictures! Yay!

So,
I've been building up these Playlists at Youtube of various echinoderm videos I've been gathering for the last year or so.... I figured it was finally time to make them widely known!

Naturally, more will be added...

I've already announced the Ophiuroid one...Here are the others!

The Crinoid Playlist!!


The Holothuroidea Playlist!!


Sea Urchin Videos!


Fossil Echinoderm Videos!


and for some reason the Asteroid one won't embed...

3 comments:

Erik Young said...

Hi Chris Love your blog. I am in Dr. Johnson's invertebrate class at San Francisco State and have a question for you. Sand dollars (Echinoidea) are in the superorder Gnathostomata. I always thought Gnathostomes was the grouping that was associated with the development of jaws in Chordata (as in sharks). I must be missing something. Any thoughts?
Erik

Ariel Tang said...

Hi Chris. I am a student from Invertibrate Zoology class in SFSU. Your blog is so interesting with those amused videos!!! I love it. I have a question here. One of those videos shows that sea cucumbers spit their digestive system out when threatened. Can their digestive systems be regenerated later on? How long does it take to regenerate usually? During this period, which part help them digest? Thank you!
Ariel

mattmungo said...

hello, my name is matt mungo and i am in the san francisco state university marine invertebreate zoology class and my question is for you is why are sand dollars and star fish generally in the shape of perfect pentagons with 72 degree angels between each ray. I understand that in chemistry intermolecular forces cause molecules to take shapes such as this, but since this is much large scale than that of a single compound molecule, what force dictates this perfect symmetry shape? for example why aren't some of the rays 35 degrees apart and so on and so fourth?